Thursday, July 26, 2007

Back in the States!

We made it home to the good ‘ole USA without a hitch. The guy in customs in Logan Airport in Boston welcomed us back, which was nice. The baby slept most of the eight hour flight from Frankfurt to Boston and our luggage wasn’t lost. It took a van and two people to get us to the airport in Stuttgart. My poor husband had to gather six suitcases on two luggage carts by himself when we arrived in Boston. Our bags were among the first few to appear on the belt, which is amazing. That’s never happened to me.

My brother- in- law and step- daughter were waiting for us when we walked out the gate. We drove home in the brother- in- law’s quad cab/ flat bed. Of course it poured on the way home so I thought my luck ran out and the luggage was soaked. It wasn’t thank God. It was stacked behind this big toolbox which prevented the rain from falling directly on it. I wouldn’t have thought of that.

Since we’ve been back, the baby has been enjoying meeting everyone and spending plenty of time outdoors. We lived on the 3rd floor in Germany with no balcony and we were crazy-busy trying to pack out and leave Germany, so baby boy didn’t get much opportunity to be outside during his second month of life. We arrived Wednesday, July 18th. The following Saturday a "Welcome Home-Baby shower" was thrown and a good time was had by all. It was so nice to see all of our family and friends, old and new. We really appreciate all the time and effort spent putting this "shin-dig" together. We all guessed around one hundred people showed, give or take a few. Poor Baby boy was passed around like a hot potato but was so good natured about it. He slept a lot that day too. I think he likes chaos. That’s good.

My God, is it hot or what???!!! I feel bad for Baby boy who can’t jump in the pool to cool off. I do my best with fans to cool him off. He’s such a good baby and hasn’t seemed miserable yet because of the weather. I sat him in a kiddy pool in Germany. There was no reaction either way. He didn’t cry or laugh. I think he was stunned. He just sort of sat there.

I hate living out of a suitcase. Even when I go somewhere for just a few days, I unpack some stuff and put it away if that option is available. I hung up a few things, but the rest are in my suitcases; yes that’s plural . The baby has his own suitcase, which is the only suitcase located in the room that we’re staying in because there’s no room. Four of us are in one room, which is challenging to say the least. Especially considering middle of the night nursing. Fun. Well, it is better than staying in a hotel and it is nice to be staying with family and spending time together, so I shouldn’t complain. Not complaining or at least not sharing my views is not easy for me. I think I have improved a bit, I actually think sometimes before opening my mouth. I think, "What good would it do if I said this ?" and then sometimes the mouth shuts. Sometimes....

No comments: